Close

Thread: New Member

Heu,just thought I'd say hey. My name is Andy. I'm a new member as of 4/2/18. I've been looking to delve deeper into AutoX and other types of racing besides just drag strip. I have done a lot of drag race events in the past. Now want to get into AutoX. I've registered at the SCCA website which in turn LED me to this site because this is my closest chapter. I currently own a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP(Supercharged). I run 225/55/17 tires, a larger front sway bar right now (going to be getting the rear in the future),heavier rims which I switch out for racing,etc. My fiance and I have a baby on the way due on June 7th but will still stay pretty active in the automotive scene as I'm the president of our local car club. Hope to learn a lot from you guys. Is there a facebook page for this region or chapter?

Hi and welcome to the Saginaw Valley Region.
    Autocross is a lot of fun, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Our first tentative event is for April 29th. Check back on the website to see the location, as we are still waiting for approval from the site. It will also be announced on Facebook. Speaking of which, it seems you have found our Facebook page as I've left you a comment there as well. Congratulations on the baby! Only 8 more years until he or she can drive a kart at autocross events!
    To sign up for an event, go to MyAutoEvents.com and you will see SVR or Saginaw Valley Region SCCA events listed near you. The events will be posted shortly, and once they are you will be able to register for them. Other than that, ask anyone at an event questions and we will be sure to guide you in the right direction.