Close

Thread: New Site

New Site

I think we need to get some news out that there is a new website. I was checking the website on my phone last night as was seeing the new mobile version. Then logging on today from my computer I was seeing the old site and wondering why I wasn't seeing the new posts that I was seeing on my phone. I finally had to change my bookmark to find this new one. Just an fyi.

I can force the full site on mobile users, since I think the mobile site doesn't provide the same level as the full one. So good point.

The issue with the site going to the old one has to do with your browser's cached files. Most likely you will need to clear out your temporary files and cookies to view the new site all the time. I know I have the same issue on the computer at work.

More feed back is much welcomed.

chrome-clear-filesandimages.jpg

All you need to do on chrome is clear files and images from websites. And it fixed the issue on my work computer. The same will apply for IE or Fire Fox, or Safari

Quote Originally Posted by svradmin View Post
    I can force the full site on mobile users, since I think the mobile site doesn't provide the same level as the full one. So good point.

The issue with the site going to the old one has to do with your browser's cached files. Most likely you will need to clear out your temporary files and cookies to view the new site all the time. I know I have the same issue on the computer at work.

More feed back is much welcomed.
    Yes, once I figured out why I knew it was cookies. Maybe we make a FB post on the Saginaw page in case this is happening to others users?

Sure. Will do. Also, now forcing desktop site to mobile browsers. Thanks for the Feedback.

Someone needs to put something on the old site saying the new one exists. The problem has nothing to do with browser settings or cache. The problem is people bookmark the site they were taken to (/e107), not the root page they typed in.

Anyone with a bookmark to the old site will keep going there until someone tells them the new one is online. If it wasn't for Chris Pruett, I wouldn't have known about this place.

Thanks,

Larry

Can the old site be taken down or create a automatic redirect?
    Racing on!!

SVR Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Someone needs to put something on the old site saying the new one exists. The problem has nothing to do with browser settings or cache. The problem is people bookmark the site they were taken to (/e107), not the root page they typed in.

Anyone with a bookmark to the old site will keep going there until someone tells them the new one is online. If it wasn't for Chris Pruett, I wouldn't have known about this place.

Thanks,

Larry
    Maybe what needs to happen is a email needs to go out to all member's.

Larry I want to keep the old site up for a while longer. Until I can confirm everything got moved over to the new one.

In the meantime, I will look into a redirect.