Close

• Caius

by Published on 02-08-2021 02:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to 2021. Lets start off with this fresh Checkpoint!

Jan-Feb2021.pdf
    by Published on 01-25-2021 08:45 PM

EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
    Executive Board Officers and Representatives
    Regional Executive:

Caius Boboescu

Email:
    caiusboboescu@yahoo.com
    CheckPoint Editor

Katherine Redwine

Email: d_redwine@charter.net
    Membership
    Sheri Wolford

Email: svrscca@gmail.com
    Assistant RE:

Kyle Roberts

Email:

kyleroberts2007@yahoo.com
    Points Keeper

Jay Payne

Email:
    mustangracer2015@yahoo.com
    Resident Agent
    Judy Hudak

Email: tjhudak@tir.com
    Secretary:

Kyle Chipps

Email:
    chippsk@gmail.com
    Solo Board

Sean Tate
    Email: seant1079@gmail.com

Victor Tugulan
    Keith Roberts
    Sean Kelly
    Equipment
    Dave Feighner
    Board Member:

Chris Pruett

Email:
    pruett.racing@yahoo.com
    Ice Runs

Ashley DuPree,

Email: Brian_dupree@hotmail.com
    Web Site Administrator
    Caius Boboescu

Email:
    caiusboboescu@yahoo.com
    Board Member:

Ed Prymak

Email:
    edprymak@gmail.com
    TSD Rally
    HELP!!!
    Historian/Archives

Tom Hudak

Email: tjhudak@tir.com
    Board Member:

Dave Feighner

Email:
    dlf28@sbcglobal.net
    Rally Cross
    HELP!!!
    GL Div. Solo Safety Steward

Kent Weaver

Email: Weaverracing98@gmail.com
    Board Member:

Jackie Boboescu

Email:
    jackiepajak@gmail.com
    Area Representatives
    Bay City, Andy Leiber
    Saginaw, Tom Hudak
    Lansing, Sean Tate
    Midland, Mike Burgess
    Area 4 Director

Dayle Frame

Email: hdf3.wtr80@gmail.com
    Treasurer:

Nicole Roberts

Email:
    nmr1662@gmail.com
    2021 Great Lakes Division Solo Development Coordinator

Ray Jason

Email:
    rkj42@yahoo.com
    by Published on 01-13-2021 07:24 PM

1. Event #1: Sunday, 1/17 (Cancelled due to lack of ice)
    2. Event #1 Backup: Sunday, 1/24 (Cancelled due to lack of ice)
    3. Event #2: Saturday, 2/13
    4. Event #3: Saturday, 2/, 27 (night) *see below
    5. Event #4: Sunday, 2/28
    6. Event #4 Backup: Saturday, 3/6

We’ll continue to use Ross Lake, but there’s some potential for conflict with local activities that may have been misplaced due to the dam failures and flooding earlier this year (e.g. ice fishing that would’ve otherwise occurred elsewhere). We may elect or need to hold event(s) at Saginaw Bay as in years past; we’ll keep folks posted.

Of course, with the ongoing pandemic, we’ll be providing information regarding safety protocols; expect that in the coming weeks. For now, feel free to reference SVR’s Solo guidelines published on MAE; ours will look very similar. Probably the biggest practical change is that we cannot provide loaner helmets, so you’ll need to furnish your own.

As in years past, we’ll be posting events on MyAutoEvents and will open registration the week of the event(s).

Keep your fingers crossed for consistent sub-freezing temps!

Ashley DuPree
    SVR Ice Run Chair
    616-443-4529
    by Published on 01-13-2021 07:19 PM

1. Event #1: Sunday, 1/17 (Cancelled due to lack of ice)
    2. Event #1 Backup: Sunday, 1/24 (Cancelled due to lack of ice)
    3. Event #2: Saturday, 2/13
    4. Event #3: Saturday, 2/, 27 (night) *see below
    5. Event #4: Sunday, 2/28
    6. Event #4 Backup: Saturday, 3/6

We’ll continue to use Ross Lake, but there’s some potential for conflict with local activities that may have been misplaced due to the dam failures and flooding earlier this year (e.g. ice fishing that would’ve otherwise occurred elsewhere). We may elect or need to hold event(s) at Saginaw Bay as in years past; we’ll keep folks posted.

Of course, with the ongoing pandemic, we’ll be providing information regarding safety protocols; expect that in the coming weeks. For now, feel free to reference SVR’s Solo guidelines published on MAE; ours will look very similar. Probably the biggest practical change is that we cannot provide loaner helmets, so you’ll need to furnish your own.

As in years past, we’ll be posting events on MyAutoEvents and will open registration the week of the event(s).

Keep your fingers crossed for consistent sub-freezing temps!

Ashley DuPree
    SVR Ice Run Chair
    616-443-4529

The events will soon be on MyAutoEvents.com and we will open registration as outlined below.
    As always, we encourage everyone to read through the items in the section below which are intended to try and maximize all participants' enjoyment and use of time; there are some slight changes from last year:

1.Registration and Payment

a. Registrations (and online payment) will take place on MAE, and we will open online registration for the events on the preceding Sunday at 8PM EST;

b. Online pre-payment will be required through MAE (due to a handful of registrants not pre-paying and then not showing up without prior notification).  The events always sell out, so we're doing this to give as much opportunity as possible to those that absolutely want to participate.

c. Refunds for cancelled reservations will be issued up until the event registration closes at 11:00PM on the Friday preceding the event.  Given the limited number of spots available, no-shows without 24-hour advanced notification will not be issued refunds; this is solely to promote mindfulness of others trying to secure one of the limited number of available spots.  If someone chooses to cancel, we implore them to do so as soon as they know, as spots may be slim and the wait list long. 

i. Contact me if you have some extraordinary circumstance causing a last-minute cancellation after the aforementioned deadlines.

d. 50 registrants/entrants limit for the daytime events, 40 for nightime events. If you cannot get a spot on MAE, please contact Judy Hudak at tjhudak@tir.com; she'll be keeping the entry and wait lists updated. 

e. Walk-ups at the event will be first come, first served, but no spots are reserved for walk-ups.

2.Event Day Process

a. Registration/sign-in will open as soon as we’re able to set up, and we will be closing on-site registration/sign-in promptly at 10AM for the day events.  Absolutely no exceptions without an absolutely unavoidable issue; this does not include one too many presses of the snooze button.  If someone is in the registration line by 9:30AM, then they’ll be guaranteed the opportunity to register/sign in (assuming there’s space).  If you encounter calamity on your way to the event, feel free to call me; I'll be on site around 7:30AM.

b. We will be limiting practice runs to 1-per-driver, and drivers must be in the registration line by 9:00AM or the practice run is forfeited.  Additional practices runs will be solely at the event coordinators’/starter's discretion.  Our goal is to make sure everyone is finished with practice runs before 10:15AM so that the Drivers Meeting can occur at 10:30AM.

c. Tech inspections start at 8:00AM, earlier if possible. Please try to be on site as early as possible to start registration/sign-in and tech.

d. Night run info TBD

3.Qualified Tires & Vehicles

a. Winter or snow/studded tires are preferred and are encouraged (and faster).  Good-condition all season tires with at least 4/32 inch tread are acceptable, but “good" is at the discretion of the tech inspector.  Any tires with less than 4/32 inch tires are not acceptable. Summer tires are not acceptable.  If you need guidance, please do not hesitate to contact me beforehand.  Please note what type of tire you're using in the comments to the registrar when signing up for the event.

b. Vehicles with a soft top are not allowed (i.e. convertibles).  Also, vehicles with high centers of gravity relative to their width (e.g. Smart Car, Fiat 500, etc.) are not allowed for safety reasons.  We're using the Solo calculations as a guide in this restriction, but it's at the discretion of the event organizers and Safety Stewards on questionable vehicles.  Please contact me if you have any concerns or need confirmation of eligibility.

4.Cause for Performance-Based Disqualification:

a. If someone is unable to leave the starting line without assistance, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

b. If someone loses control and requires assistance to resume their run (I.e. gets stuck) more than once, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

c. If someone skips their work assignment, they will not be allowed to complete their runs and will be barred from any remaining events of the season.

d. Essentially, we’re trying to further reduce significant delays due to hooliganism, poor vehicle conditions and preparedness, and overall disregard for the enjoyment of the rest of the participants.

Please understand that any of the rules and guidelines that we set forth are to encourage a safe and enjoyable event for all participants.  We welcome any feedback in this regard.

Also, if anyone is interested in assisting with course setup or any of the other assignments to help get the event started, please let me know; we can always use additional help first thing in the morning!

Thanks, and we hope to see everyone out on the ice!

Ashley
    SVR Ice Run Chair
    by Published on 12-07-2020 09:42 PM

Below is the Checkpoint for November and December of 2020.

Nov-Dec2020.pdf
    by Published on 11-16-2020 05:06 PM

Thank you to all who voted for the 2021 board of directors. The following are the results.

2021 RE: Caius Boboescu

The 6 elected directors:

Jackie Boboescu
    Kyle Chipps
    Dave Feighner
    Chris Pruett
    Ed Prymak
    Kyle Roberts

The announcement for 2021 Treasurer, Secretary and Assistant RE will be made in the following December Board Meeting.

We thank outgoing board member and RE Larry Macleod for his many years of service and contributions to the club. He has informed us that he will remain as an advisor and mentor to the board for the foreseeable future.
    by Published on 11-13-2020 03:58 PM

Thank you to everyone who came out to Frankenmuth yesterday for our annual awards banquet! The weather was incredible (70 in November?) and it's always good to see everyone outside of a race day.
    Big thanks to Sheri Wolford for her behind the scenes help to organize this event. She may not have made it to any events this year or even to the banquet itself, but she made all the prearrangements for the banquet location, working hard to make it a success. Thanks Sheri.
    We gave away lots of awards! Thanks to Steve Couture and MyAutoEvents com for again sponsoring our top 10 index trophies. This year they were really nice resume/business portfolio folders. Thanks Steve!
    We named our most improved driver for 2020. That went to Ralph Prewett! Good job this year Ralph.
    The new member award was given to Andrea Eggertsen, who this year stepped up to be our waiver chief when she saw we were struggling with those. Thanks Andrea!
    The George Austin service award this year was given to Nicole Roberts who volunteered to be our treasurer in addition to helping with registration and just about everything else she could do at our events. Thanks Nicole!
    The Master Class was new this year, given to the winner of the index among drivers 62 and older. This year's winner is Tom Buckman!
    The overall top index award in SVR is the Boreen Cup. After some hard fought battles, I managed to take it home again this year. We have a lot of talent in this region, and it's a tough fight to come away the winner.
    If you won a trophy but weren't able to make it to the banquet, we still have it. Let us know and we'll make arrangements to get it to you. This includes event trophies for region members that are consolidated into a year end plaque even if you didn't win your class.
    Thanks everyone for a great 2020 season.
    by Published on 11-13-2020 03:56 PM

Following the banquet, 14 of us headed to Clio karting for some racing fun. After a round of qualifying, we were split into 2 races.
    The "B" race had Kyle Roberts on pole position with Samuel Kaczynski along side him for the start. They got away clean, but it turned ugly when they reached the end of the back straight, with a 4 kart pile up involving Sam and Jackie Boboescu. After a kart change, and another heavy contact incident later also involving Sam, it was Kyle that cruised home to victory with Jackie in second and Alex in 3rd. Sam finished 3-laps behind.
    The "A" race was gridded with a mix up that put Dave Feighner on the front row to start, along side Larry. Dave kept a good pace while Kyle Chipps worked traffic behind him and then started to close up. In the end, Dave held off Kyle for second but they were nose-to-tail across the finish (and Caius just another 1 second back from them in 4th).
    Maybe we will do another one of these mid winter sometime? 😃

Larry MacLeod
    by Published on 11-03-2020 02:49 PM

In keeping with the tradition, we will be organizing an karting outing immediately after the Banquet.

We will be going to the Extreme Indoor Kart Racing in Clio, MI.

2259 W Vienna Rd, Clio, MI 48420

More details to come, we hope to see you there!
    by Published on 10-23-2020 05:46 PM

Hi Everybody,

With the posting of these year-end totals, the SOLO season has come to end for everybody. Now the silly season of what do I do to my car to make it better starts or for some, what do I buy to race next year.

All SVR members are in RED so you can clearly see how you compared.

As usual, I do my best to not make mistakes but if you happen to find one or have any questions, please reach out to me at my email, mustangracer2015@yahoo.com

I hope everybody had fun this year and has a safe offseason.

Jay Payne
    SVR Pointskeeper

2020 Class Points 10-6-20.pdf
    2020 PAX Points 10-6-20.pdf
    by Published on 10-21-2020 02:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

Given the strange year we have had, overall we can be very proud of a very successful autocross season. To celebrate, we will have our year-end award banquet on November 7th! This will be an outdoor banquet held in Frankenmuth, MI at the Heritage Park Jaycee Pavilion.

Mark this date on your calendars.
    by Published on 10-21-2020 11:08 AM

The link below contains the latest issue of the Checkpoint newsletter! Enjoy

Oct2020.pdf
    by Published on 10-05-2020 05:51 PM

All,

Below are the Season Ender results from yesterday's Barstow event. Thank you to all of those who helped make this the best year it could be, and those who still came to have fun with their cars and followed all the extra rules so we could have our events!

10 04 2020 Results.pdf
    10 04 2020 Pax.pdf
    by Published on 09-14-2020 09:58 PM

Hi folks,

Here are your class and PAX points through the last 8 events.

As always when running joint events there are some name conflicts because of the different registration platforms. I tried to make sure I had them all fixed but if you notice a mistake or somebody listed twice please reach out to me so I can fix it.

If your name is in red on the class points, that means you are an SVR member, lead your class in points, and have enough events to qualify for a year-end trophy.

On PAX if your name is in red, you are in the top 10 and have enough events to qualify for year-end PAX trophy.

Remember, you only have one more event to have the required 5 events to qualify.

As always, any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to reach out to me at my email. mustangracer2015@yahoo.com

Be safe, be fast and have fun,

Jay Payne
    SVR Pointskeeper

2020 Class Points Updated 9-14-20.pdf
    2020 PAX Points Updated 9-14-20.pdf
    by Published on 08-13-2020 02:07 PM

Hi SVR and Guests,
    Posted are the results through the first 6 events. There are a few close class battles going strong. There are also a few of you that are an event or two short from qualifying for a class championship. You only have 3 scored points events left. Don’t miss out on that trophy you deserve.
    PAX is a battle as well with less than 50 points separating first and tenth. Barely a hundred points separating twentieth from first.
    If you see anything wrong or have any questions about the points, please reach out to me at mustangracer2015@yahoo.com
    The game is on folks, go fast and stay clean.
    Jay Payne
    SVR Pointskeeper

2020 Class Points Updated 8-11-20.pdf
    2020 PAX Points Updated 8-11-20.pdf
    by Published on 07-27-2020 01:37 PM

Hello everyone,

Below are the results for the Oscoda Event this weekend. Thanks to everyone who joined and made the event a success.

07252020 SVR#5 Pax results.pdf
    07252020 SVR#5 Results.pdf
    07262020 SVR #6 PAX results.pdf
    07262020 SVR #6 Results.pdf
    by Published on 07-20-2020 04:26 PM

Hi folks,

Posted are the current points standing through the first 4 events. Also included is a new seniors' index. If interested to join you need to be at least 62 years of age. This index does not replace your class, this is just a fun side thing for seniors. Currently, Tom Buckman holds the top spot. Either email me or see Steve Alger at an event to join up.

As always I endeavor to do my best not to make any mistakes but they do happen. If you see any or have any questions please email at mustangracer2015@yahoo.com. I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Have fun, go fast and be safe everybody,

Jay Payne

2020 Class Points Updated 7-18-20.pdf
    2020 PAX Points Updated 7-18-20.pdf
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  • Upcoming Events

• Whats going on?