• Jan 22nd Ice Run Canceled

    We've just finished checking the ice, and after careful consideration and much deliberation, we've decided to cancel the event. There is standing water on some sections of the 'course', the forecast is projected in the low 50's and upper 40's today and tomorrow, and worst off, the first few inches of ice is very soft and un-supportive. In short, it's just not safe as-is, and definitely not after we start running and chewing up the ice.

    Although the reason that we have these events is fun, our absolute top priority is safety, and prudence dictates a cancellation. We'll still plan on having the next event and utilizing one of the alternative dates, but all will ultimately be dependent on conditions. Keep an eye on your email for updates.

    Please let me know if you would like a refund or a voucher for a later event this season.

    Thanks everyone for your zeal, support, and understanding in these situations, and let's keep our fingers crossed for the coming weeks!

    Ashley DuPree
    SVR Ice Run Chairman

    P.S. - I will be sending the same message to MAE registrants via that site, so please disregard the duplicate correspondence.
  • Upcoming Events