Close

• 2019 Awards Banquet Recap

2019 SCCA Saginaw Valley Region
    Awards Banquet Recap

Awards Banquet Recap
    As seasoned members of the Saginaw Valley Region know, the New Year hasn’t truly begun until the annual awards banquet has been held, and 2020 is no different. Despite the less than perfect weather, SVR members (known for being unstoppable, dedicated and committed race enthusiasts) again braved what seems to have become Mother Nature’s annual attempt to ruin a good time, resulting in a great turn out and a wonderful evening for all.
    In recognition of their uplifting energy, good vibes and unyielding determination to go fast, Alex and Caroline Fullerton received the New Member award. I think I can safely speak for every member of the club when I say the growth and improvement shown by these two from the start of the season all the way through to Nationals was nothing short of incredible. Well done you two!Although anyone who has seen the woman drive was in no way surprised, the look on Tammy Breece’s face when she was announced the Most Improved Driver of the season was one of the more entertaining points of the evening. Throughout the year, she’s found herself behind the wheel of many different vehicles, but with her skill, technique, focus and positive attitude, everyone can agree that she knows how to drive a perfect line.
    As anyone who has attended or chaired an Autocross event knows, each and every one requires extensive planning and countless hours of work. From course design and set up, to tear down and patching concrete, these events cannot happen without the dedication and hard work of members like Kyle Roberts. Kyle is often the first person to arrive early in the morning and nearly always one of the last to leave. This past season, Kyle Roberts went above and beyond and everyone knows he is always ready, willing and able to lend a helping hand when the need arises. It is because of his consistent dedication to the club that Kyle took home the George Austin award for 2019.
    Extending his reign for a third year, Larry MacLeod took home the Boreen Cup, bringing the total in his collection to six. I think everyone can agree that is a pretty spectacular achievement! Congratulations Larry!
    And of course, a huge congratulations to all of the individuals who took home trophies for individual events and/or for their classes. You should all be very proud!
    Thank you again to everyone who came out to celebrate another successful year with us. We’re looking forward to an even better season in 2020!
    Ed Prymak
  • Upcoming Events

• Whats going on?

Caius
    Caius created an article August Points Update in News
    Today, 02:07 PM