Close

• 2019 Ice Runs Information

The event dates are listed below.  We will be checking the ice toward the beginning of the week prior to each event, so be sure to keep an eye on your email Thursday, Friday and especially Saturday where we'll confirm the first event's status and provide further instructions regarding registration.

All events are held at Ross Lake in Beaverton, MI

1. Sunday, January 13 (Cancelled)

2. Sunday, January 20 (Cancelled)

3. Saturday, February 9 (Cancelled)

4. Sunday, February 10 (Cancelled)

5. Sunday, 2/24 (daytime event)

The events will soon be on MyAutoEvents.com and we will open registration as outlined below.
    As always, we encourage everyone to read through the items in the section below which are intended to try and maximize all participants' enjoyment and use of time; there are some slight changes from last year:

1.Registration and Payment

a.Registrations (and online payment) will take place on MAE, and we will open online registration for the events on the preceding Sunday at 8PM EST;

b.Online pre-payment will be required through MAE (due to a handful of registrants not pre-paying and then not showing up without prior notification).  The events always sell out, so we're doing this to give as much opportunity as possible to those that absolutely want to participate.

c.Refunds for cancelled reservations will be issued up until the event registration closes at 11:00PM on the Friday preceding the event (e.g. 11:00PM EST on Friday 1/11 for the 1/13 event, 11:00PM EST on Thursday 1/18 for the 1/20 event).  Given the limited number of spots available, no-shows without 24-hour advanced notification will not be issued refunds; this is solely to promote mindfulness of others trying to secure one of the limited number of available spots.  If someone chooses to cancel, we implore them to do so as soon as they know, as spots may be slim and the wait list long. 

i.Contact me if you have some extraordinary circumstance causing a last-minute cancellation after the aforementioned deadlines.

d.50 registrants/entrants limit for the daytime events, 40 for nightime events. If you cannot get a spot on MAE, please contact Judy Hudak at tjhudak@tir.com; she'll be keeping the entry and wait lists updated. 

e.Walk-ups at the event will be first come, first served, but no spots are reserved for walk-ups.

2.Event Day Process

a.Registration/sign-in will open as soon as we’re able to set up, and we will be closing on-site registration/sign-in promptly at 10AM for the day events.  Absolutely no exceptions without an absolutely unavoidable issue; this does not include one too many presses of the snooze button.  If someone is in the registration line by 9:30AM, then they’ll be guaranteed the opportunity to register/sign in (assuming there’s space).  If you encounter calamity on your way to the event, feel free to call me; I'll be on site around 7:30AM.

b.We will be limiting practice runs to 1-per-driver, and drivers must be in the registration line by 9:00AM or the practice run is forfeited.  Additional practices runs will be solely at the event coordinators’/starter's discretion.  Our goal is to make sure everyone is finished with practice runs before 10:15AM so that the Drivers Meeting can occur at 10:30AM.

c.Tech inspections start at 8:00AM, earlier if possible. Please try to be on site as early as possible to start registration/sign-in and tech.

d.Night run info TBD

3.Qualified Tires & Vehicles

a.Winter or snow/studded tires are preferred and are encouraged (and faster).  Good-condition all season tires with at least 4/32 inch tread are acceptable, but “good" is at the discretion of the tech inspector.  Any tires with less than 4/32 inch tires are not acceptable. Summer tires are not acceptable.  If you need guidance, please do not hesitate to contact me beforehand.  Please note what type of tire you're using in the comments to the registrar when signing up for the event.

b.Vehicles with a soft top are not allowed (i.e. convertibles).  Also, vehicles with high centers of gravity relative to their width (e.g. Smart Car, Fiat 500, etc.) are not allowed for safety reasons.  We're using the Solo calculations as a guide in this restriction, but it's at the discretion of the event organizers and Safety Stewards on questionable vehicles.  Please contact me if you have any concerns or need confirmation of eligibility.

4.Cause for Performance-Based Disqualification:

a.If someone is unable to leave the starting line without assistance, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

b.If someone loses control and requires assistance to resume their run (I.e. gets stuck) more than once, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

c.If someone skips their work assignment, they will not be allowed to complete their runs and will be barred from any remaining events of the season.

d.Essentially, we’re trying to further reduce significant delays due to hooliganism, poor vehicle conditions and preparedness, and overall disregard for the enjoyment of the rest of the participants.

Please understand that any of the rules and guidelines that we set forth are to encourage a safe and enjoyable event for all participants.  We welcome any feedback in this regard.

Also, if anyone is interested in assisting with course setup or any of the other assignments to help get the event started, please let me know; we can always use additional help first thing in the morning!

Thanks, and we hope to see everyone out on the ice!

Ashley
    SVR Ice Run Chair