Close

• News

by Published on 04-24-2019 01:44 PM

As the 2019 autocross season approaches we are planning on doing our yearly van-cleanout. We can use some help and are asking for volunteers.

When: Saturday, April 27th at 1PM

Where: 2320 S Huron Rd. Kawkawlin 48631 at Classic Daily ( Check them out at classicdaily.net)

Why:
    To get the van ready before the new season, check tire pressures, check equipment, to help out your car club and meet people.

What:
    ...The van...

Who: Anyone! You, your friends, your siblings, parents, everyone, we can use the help.

Hope to see you there!

Picture of last year's van cleanout. Our fearless leader Kyle Chipps putting in some heavy work.
    by Published on 04-08-2019 02:46 PM

Ice run Fans,

The season for ice runs is over, but there are pictures from our 3/3 event.
    Please click on the link and download any of the pictures you'd like to keep as they will eventually be deleted.

Ice Runs Pictures

We will see you again for Ice Runs next year or for autocross throughout the summer!
    by Published on 04-03-2019 07:16 PM

We now have an updated solo schedule for 2019!

2019 SVR Solo Schedule

4-21 Canceled
    5-5 Nexteer, Saginaw MI
    5-17/19 Wurtsmith AFB, Oscoda
    6-21/22 Continental Test Track, Brimley with Lake Superior
    7-7 Ladies Day (Barstow Airport, Midland MI)
    7-13/14 Wurtsmith AFB, Oscoda with Detroit
    8-17/18 Wurtsmith AFB, Oscoda with Detroit/GLSS
    9-15 Barstow Airport, Midland MI
    10-6 Barstow Airport, Midland MI
    by Published on 03-21-2019 01:10 PM

The 2019 March Checkpoint is now available at the link below.

March2019.pdf
    by Published on 03-20-2019 05:44 PM

We have our tentative autocross schedule for 2019!

Save the dates!

• TBD 4-21
    • TBD 5-5
    • TBD 5-17/19
    • TBD 6-9
    • Brimley 6-21/23
    • TBD 7-7
    • Oscoda with Detroit 7-12/14
    • TBD 9-15
    • TBD 10-6
    by Published on 03-11-2019 07:43 PM

Track Night in America. Most of us in the club have heard of it. Some of us have even gone to them. Others may have wanted to go but may feel intimidated. Others may be thinking I want to go but I won’t know anyone there. The last hurdle may be the timing. In the past when they went to Grattan the time was even more difficult with a noon start time. The move to Gingerman has changed the start time to 3 pm. This means that if you go to lunch and accidently forget to return, you can make the track with time to spare.
    At this time you might be starting to wonder where are I am going with this? Fear not, or fear I do have a point, maybe even a plan. The first Track Night in America at Gingerman is Thursday May 16th. That is early in our season before it starts hitting on all cylinders. I propose an SVR Track Night in America group outing. Do I have anyone’s attention yet?
    TNIA is a very cost effective way to get on to the track to see what it is all about. If your car can pass our tech it will pass the TNIA tech. Actually tech is self tech as you fill out a form for your tech and hand it in during the registration.
    The action on the track is divided up into 3 groups if I remember correct. Passing is designated in passing zones and also done by a point by. Each group will get 3 sessions and each session will be 15-20 minutes. There will be an orientation both class room like and on the track with follow the leader. Sure beats walking the course. My suggestion is during the first session start out slow and get familiar and comfortable with the track. Then work your way up to your comfortable speed. There are no trophies or points just fun with cars.
    The next step is to find out who is interested. As luck would have it the interweb master has put information online at both the website and Facebook page for people to weigh in on interest to play at the track.

Now the question is what car to take?
    by Published on 03-07-2019 07:45 AM

Thank to all of those who joined and made the March 3rd event a success.
    Below are the Results of the event, and a few pictures.

Ice Runs 3-3-19 Final Results.pdf

by Published on 02-11-2019 03:10 PM

The January and February 2019 Checkpoint is now available at the link below.

Jan-Feb2019.pdf

And a few other historical Checkpoints that were previously missed.
    July2016.pdf
    Checkpoint-Oct-Nov-2014.pdf
    October 2004.pdf
    June 2007.pdf
    March 2008.pdf
    by Published on 02-06-2019 03:32 AM

Come one, come all to the 2019 Solo Planning meeting.

When:
    February 23rd at 9AM

Where: 6285 Bay Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604

Why:
    To help plan this year's solo events and to check out the TeamTech Facility.

We hope to see you there!
    by Published on 01-30-2019 06:47 PM

While these events have not been confirmed yet based on the ice conditions, we are hopeful for the February 9th (nighttime) and February 10th (daytime) events.

Mark your calendars for these dates and keep those fingers crossed for the ice to be thick enough!

If neither of those dates work with your schedule, stay tuned for more information about the February 24th event as well!
    by Published on 01-17-2019 01:09 PM

Unfortunately due to the lack of ice so far, the Ice Runs scheduled for January 20th have been cancelled.
    Fingers crossed that there will be enough ice for the February 9th and 10th events.
    by Published on 01-11-2019 01:20 PM

A reminder that the 2018 Awards Banquet is tomorrow!

Date: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019
    Place: Apple Mountain Resort - 4519 N. River Rd., Freeland, MI 48623
    Board Meeting: 3:00-5:00 p.m. - Regent's Room (enter via Kathleen's restaurant, to right of hostess stand)
    Social hour: 5:00-6:00 p.m. - Board Room - (enter via east end, Conference Center)
    Dinner: 6:00 p.m.
    Awards : Immediately following dinner
    by Published on 01-08-2019 03:42 PM

Given the warm weather we have been having, it may come as no surprise that the Ice runs event scheduled for January 13th has been cancelled.

We are keeping our fingers crossed for the January 20th event, and we will be checking the ice often.
    by Published on 12-26-2018 02:56 PM

The event dates are listed below.  We will be checking the ice toward the beginning of the week prior to each event, so be sure to keep an eye on your email Thursday, Friday and especially Saturday where we'll confirm the first event's status and provide further instructions regarding registration.

1. All events at Ross Lake in Beaverton, MI

2. Sunday, January 13 (daytime event)

a. Day after SVR Awards Banquet)

3. Sunday, January 20 (daytime event, Alternate)

4. Saturday, February 9 (nighttime event)

a. Details TBD

5. Sunday, February 10 (daytime event)

6. Sunday, 2/24 (daytime event)

The events will soon be on MyAutoEvents.com and we will open registration as outlined below.
    As always, we encourage everyone to read through the items in the section below which are intended to try and maximize all participants' enjoyment and use of time; there are some slight changes from last year:

1.Registration and Payment

a.Registrations (and online payment) will take place on MAE, and we will open online registration for the events on the preceding Sunday at 8PM EST;

b.Online pre-payment will be required through MAE (due to a handful of registrants not pre-paying and then not showing up without prior notification).  The events always sell out, so we're doing this to give as much opportunity as possible to those that absolutely want to participate.

c.Refunds for cancelled reservations will be issued up until the event registration closes at 11:00PM on the Friday preceding the event (e.g. 11:00PM EST on Friday 1/11 for the 1/13 event, 11:00PM EST on Thursday 1/18 for the 1/20 event).  Given the limited number of spots available, no-shows without 24-hour advanced notification will not be issued refunds; this is solely to promote mindfulness of others trying to secure one of the limited number of available spots.  If someone chooses to cancel, we implore them to do so as soon as they know, as spots may be slim and the wait list long. 

i.Contact me if you have some extraordinary circumstance causing a last-minute cancellation after the aforementioned deadlines.

d.50 registrants/entrants limit for the daytime events, 40 for nightime events. If you cannot get a spot on MAE, please contact Judy Hudak at tjhudak@tir.com; she'll be keeping the entry and wait lists updated. 

e.Walk-ups at the event will be first come, first served, but no spots are reserved for walk-ups.

2.Event Day Process

a.Registration/sign-in will open as soon as we’re able to set up, and we will be closing on-site registration/sign-in promptly at 10AM for the day events.  Absolutely no exceptions without an absolutely unavoidable issue; this does not include one too many presses of the snooze button.  If someone is in the registration line by 9:30AM, then they’ll be guaranteed the opportunity to register/sign in (assuming there’s space).  If you encounter calamity on your way to the event, feel free to call me; I'll be on site around 7:30AM.

b.We will be limiting practice runs to 1-per-driver, and drivers must be in the registration line by 9:00AM or the practice run is forfeited.  Additional practices runs will be solely at the event coordinators’/starter's discretion.  Our goal is to make sure everyone is finished with practice runs before 10:15AM so that the Drivers Meeting can occur at 10:30AM.

c.Tech inspections start at 8:00AM, earlier if possible. Please try to be on site as early as possible to start registration/sign-in and tech.

d.Night run info TBD

3.Qualified Tires & Vehicles

a.Winter or snow/studded tires are preferred and are encouraged (and faster).  Good-condition all season tires with at least 4/32 inch tread are acceptable, but “good" is at the discretion of the tech inspector.  Any tires with less than 4/32 inch tires are not acceptable. Summer tires are not acceptable.  If you need guidance, please do not hesitate to contact me beforehand.  Please note what type of tire you're using in the comments to the registrar when signing up for the event.

b.Vehicles with a soft top are not allowed (i.e. convertibles).  Also, vehicles with high centers of gravity relative to their width (e.g. Smart Car, Fiat 500, etc.) are not allowed for safety reasons.  We're using the Solo calculations as a guide in this restriction, but it's at the discretion of the event organizers and Safety Stewards on questionable vehicles.  Please contact me if you have any concerns or need confirmation of eligibility.

4.Cause for Performance-Based Disqualification:

a.If someone is unable to leave the starting line without assistance, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

b.If someone loses control and requires assistance to resume their run (I.e. gets stuck) more than once, they will not be allowed to complete their runs.

c.If someone skips their work assignment, they will not be allowed to complete their runs and will be barred from any remaining events of the season.

d.Essentially, we’re trying to further reduce significant delays due to hooliganism, poor vehicle conditions and preparedness, and overall disregard for the enjoyment of the rest of the participants.

Please understand that any of the rules and guidelines that we set forth are to encourage a safe and enjoyable event for all participants.  We welcome any feedback in this regard.

Also, if anyone is interested in assisting with course setup or any of the other assignments to help get the event started, please let me know; we can always use additional help first thing in the morning!

Thanks, and we hope to see everyone out on the ice!

Ashley
    SVR Ice Run Chair
    by Published on 11-27-2018 07:07 PM

The 2018 November/December Checkpoint is now available at the link below!

Nov-Dec2018.pdf
    by Published on 11-27-2018 06:53 PM

Registration for the 2018 SVR Awards Banquet is now available online at MyAutoEvents.com.

Payments can be made through Paypal like they would be for any autocross event throughout the year.

More information and registration are at the link below.

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...event_id=16728
    by Published on 11-21-2018 01:50 PM

Congratulations to the 2019 SVR Board members:
    Kyle Roberts (new for 2019)
    Dave Feighner (new for 2019)

Also re-elected to continue on the 2019 board:
    Shawn Kelly
    Caius Boboescu
    Steve Alger
    Larry MacLeod

Kyle Chipps is our 2019 Region Executive.

Thanks to our outgoing board members for their support on the 2018 Board.

Mike Burgess
    Jackson MacLeod

We will have a transition board meeting on Thursday 6-December in Flint.

Thursday December 6th, 7:00pm
    Famous Dave's BBQ
    G3558 Miller Rd, Flint, MI 48507

Hopefully everyone can make it.
    by Published on 11-20-2018 02:28 PM

You are all cordially invited to the 2018 SVR SCCA Awards Banquet to be held on

Date: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019
    Place: Apple Mountain Resort - 4519 N. River Rd., Freeland, MI 48623
    Board Meeting: 3:00-5:00 p.m. - Regent's Room (enter via Kathleen's restaurant, to right of hostess stand)
    Social hour: 5:00-6:00 p.m. - Board Room - (enter via east end, Conference Center)
    Dinner: 6:00 p.m.
    Awards - immediately following dinner

Cost:
    $20 per adult
    $5 per child, ages 4-12
    Children 3 and under free

Menu:
    Beef Tenderloin
    Chicken Marsala
    Honey Garlic Salmon
    Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
    Wild Rice Pilaf
    California Blend Vegetables
    House Salad
    Fresh Fruit Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Dinner Roll
    Assortment of Pies

Beverages:
    coffee, tea, water included
    Alcoholic drinks are available, at your cost.

Please either register and pay on My Auto Events by midnight Friday, Jan. 4, 2019 or RSVP to Sheri Wolford on or by Friday, Jan. 4, 2019. If you wish to pay by check, please make your checks payable to SVR SCCA. All checks must be received no later than Monday, Jan. 7th, 2019.

MAE registration will be available / open in the near future

Contact Information:
    Sheri Wolford -
    Home: 989 832-3711
    Email: sheriwolford@aol.com

Please send checks to:
    Sheri Wolford
    2520 E. Wheeler St.
    Midland, MI 48642

We hope to see you there!
    by Published on 10-16-2018 01:27 PM

Thank you everyone for another awesome year of Autocross! Below are the final PAX and class results for the year and a message from our points keeper Jay.

PAX Points - Updated 10-15-18.pdf
    Class Points - Updated 10-15-18.pdf

Hi everybody,

Posted are the final standings of the year. When you look at them if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at Mustangracer2015@yahoo.com.

As many of you know, I also write the SOLO Happenings column. Drop me a line and share what your offseason plans are. I have several months to fill with no racing. Help me fill the pages.

I hope everybody had a good year and has a safe offseason.

Jay Payne
    SVR Points Keeper
    by Published on 10-11-2018 06:07 PM

First, we'd like to remind you to please RSVP October 27th wine tasting and dinner. (This can be done by phone at 989-695-6141 or by email at tjhudak@tir.com)
    The dinner starts at 4:00 PM and the wine tasting starts at 5:30.
    There will also be a board meeting at the same restaurant starting at 3:00. Anyone is welcome to join.

Event Flyer

Second reminder is a "Save the Date" for our annual Awards Banquet. This will be held at Apple Mountain on Saturday January 12th, 2019.

We hope to see you at both events.

• Upcoming Events